Dr Anthony Hammond is a Consultant Physician and Rheumatologist. Dr Hammond trained in Edinburgh, Bristol, Bath and London and was a Consultant Physician and Rheumatologist in Kent for 20 years. He now works mainly in the private and independent sector. He has broad experience in the management of all forms of arthritis and the pain associated. He has a special interest in the interventional management of spinal pain, particularly in the diagnosis and treatment of intervertebral disc-related back pain and sciatica.
He holds membership of the:
- The British Medical Association
- The British Society for Rheumatology
- The Royal Society of Medicine
- The Spinal Intervention Society (formerly International Spinal Intervention Society)
- The British Pain Society and Interventional SIG
- Independent Doctors Federation
- The London Pain Forum: Founder Member
- Rheumatoid Arthritis, SLE, Osteoarthritis, Gout, Spondylarthropathy
- General Medicine
- Back Pain
- Slipped Disc and Sciatica
- Neck and Arm Pain
- Chronic Pain and Fibromyalgia
Dr Hammond was a Consultant Physician and Rheumatologist with The Horder Centre for Arthritis and The Kent Institute of Medicine and Surgery.
Dr Hammond returned to medico-legal work in 2016 and has undertaken the CUBS Expert Witness Certificate in 2018. At present he completes over 30 reports per year and has a claimant/defendant ratio of 70:30.